Tony's Background and Education
Tony Pace has been dancing for 39 years in New York, Dallas, and Houston. Tony is a native New Yorker from Garden City, Long Island. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Manhattan College in New York.
Tony taught physical education and was a tennis pro for ten years. His diverse background includes ownership of a night club and management of the Hard Rock Cafés in London and Dallas. For five years he was the undefeated club champion and event and promotion director of Club Papagayo in Dallas.
Tony's Mission is Dance Instruction
Tony is currently teaching Houston Hustle. He brings his love of music, movement and dance to his students emphasizing the opportunities and possibilities in dancing. His choreography is inventive, unique and inspiring. Tony’s personal and professional mission is to provide the opportunity for anyone who has the desire to dance to do so. He has been very successful in accomplishing this mission with his innovative teaching style and visionary thinking which are having a tremendous impact on the growth of the Houston dance community. He has been guest instructor at many dance events across the United States.
Tony's Achievements and Awards Teacher at Hustle USA, New York
- Professional Classic Runner-Up at Hustle USA, New York
- WHDC Hustlemania Pro-Am Champion, Fresno, California
- Pro-Am Classic Showcase Champion at Hustle USA, New York
- Texas Classic Hustle Champion, Houston, Texas
- Opening Ceremonies and Show Participant, New Orleans Country Mardi Gras
- World Hustle Dance Pro-Am Champion, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Arizona Dance Classic Awards – Pro-Am Hustle and Showcase
- World Hustle Dance Championships – Christopher M. Nardone Award for Outstanding Spirit of Giving
- World Hustle Dance Championships - Numerous First Place Awards
- ESGR Area 2 Appreciation Award for support of "Helping A Hero"
- 10th Anniversary Cinco De Mayo Appreciation Award, Houston, Texas
- Only Houston dance instructor to have taught as an independent for 20 consecutive years in a nightclub
- Gladys Torres Spirit Award for Outstanding Giving 20 Year Anniversary
Tony's Dance Events and Productions
- First Houston Hustle Dance Competiton in the year 2000
- Annual Cinco de Mayo Dance Festival (Hustle, Salsa, Swing), Houston on first weekend in May
- “Ultimate Dance Nights Outs”, a weekly evening of dancing for Country, Swing, Hustle and Salsa dancers at the Continental Ballrooms in Houston
- "Dancin' in the Streets", 16 weeks of Jack and Jills in Hustle and Swing at The Hop in Houston Instructor at exclusive private clubs: the Greenspoint Club, The Houstonian, The University Club, and Walden Yacht Club
- Diamond Diva Contest
- Stockings and Stilettos Contest
- Best Dressed Man & Woman's Contest
- Hot in Heels Contest
- Numerous promotions as Marketing Director and Promoter at Chayns
- Houston Hustle monthly social dance parties at Chayns Nightclub
- Houston Hustle 3rd Saturday Monthly social dance parties at Los Reyes and Chayns
- Houston Hustle Monthly Dance Workshop and Social at D'Amico Dance Studio
- Max 2000 Club in Houston
- Mi Luna Restaurant in the Woodlands
- LifeTime Fitness in Houston
- Walden Yacht Club in Conroe
- Chayns Nightclub in Houston
- Jeff's 77 In Houston
- The Concert Pub In Houston
- The Yacht in Houston
- Chicago Club in Houston
- The Hop in Houston
- Los Reyes in Houston
- D'Amico Dance Studio in Houston
Tony’s goal is to bring the joy of dancing to as many people as possible and to grow the dance of Hustle.
Tony's Charitable Fundraisers
Tony has been an active supporter of the men and women who serve our country in the military.
He has held numerous fundraisers for organizations that help wounded soldiers:
"Wounded Warriors" www.woundedwarriors.org
Col. John Folsom, Founder of Wounded Warriors
"Helping A Hero" www.helpingahero.org
Pat Shirling presents $1,200 to Helping a Hero
Pat Shirling, Tony's student, conducts a holiday drive for children's gifts with ESGR, Employer Support Guard and Reserve at Chayns Nightclub's Christmas Party 2011. http://www.esgr.org
Tony believes that it is the soldier who gives us the freedom to dance.